Today it was all Sara—I took Kylie to the grocery store this morning and Sara took Keaton out to the Sky Fort with her. Here’s the view of the fort this morning from Kylie’s room:
She can’t see over the window sill yet, but Keaton sure was excited when he saw it! Sara and the little man went outside around 10:30am, when Kylie and I left for the store. From then till nap time, Sara was out there working (sometimes with Keaton, sometimes not). She finished up the picnic table from yesterday with that last board:
She also screwed in all the slats that make up the wall seperating the swing area and the picnic/sand box area. Thus the ground level (with the exception the rock wall and ladder) is complete!
From there, Sara moved up to the second story and began to add some substance to the framing we accomplished yesterday.
While she worked, I sprayed the next batch of lumber on 3 sides. After the kids went down for the night I went ahead and flipped this batch and sprayed the last side. After this lot gets moved down to the Fort, there’s only one more batch of wood to spray! Which is good, because I think I’m over spraying this smelly, slippery stuff!
Once spraying was complete, I hopped on the tractor and gave the yard a much needed trim. When I was done an hour or so later, Sara had made some great progress. The Sky Fort is starting to look like a little building!
As we were packing up the tools to head back to the garage, I noticed an “oops”. See if you can spot it—I will give the answer tomorrow (after we correct it)! And no, it’s not that slanted beam left of center. That’s just leaning against the wall, waiting for something else to be installed first. Keep looking…
We’re starting to get concerned that we’re missing a few critical pieces towards the tip of the roofline on the A-Frames…we still have to dig through the lumber that’s left (the spraying process kind of wrecks the organization a bit after you get past the first batch or so) but we’re getting a sinking suspicion that those pieces are missing. So, I may have to call the manufacturer tomorrow and request some replacements.
Sara put together some of the component pieces today as well.
Time today: 7 hours, 45 minutes
TOTAL BUILD TIME: 22 hours