Monthly Archives: January 2013

Practice box complete.

It’s finished! 4 coats of poly-spray, sanded with 220 paper in between each coat.  Final coat got a rubbing of newspaper (I didn’t have any brown paper bags) and it came out better than I expected. I mortised the hinges … Continue reading

Posted in Projects | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

Staining with tea.

So the practice box that has been sitting neglected on the bench for…I don’t know how many weeks…finally saw a little love a few days ago. I got really sick the day after Christmas and haven’t fully kicked whatever it … Continue reading

Posted in Projects, Woodworking Skills | Tagged , , , , , | 2 Comments