[Castle Bookcase] Trim, Part II

I used what time I had today to make the final cuts on the base moulding and attach both sides and front with glue and nails.

image

Used up quite a bit of time just clearing space in the garage and setting up an assembly table with sawhorses and of course cleaning up and putting things away so my wife could park her car later.   Thats when it dawned on me: this is the largest project I’ve attempted since the workbench!

Anyway, after fiddling with the moulding, I decided on placement for another shelf to split the large opening.  I used the Kreg jig again for pocket screws and glue, then drilled some pocket holes on the last major piece to be installed, the toy storage front. 

That’s what I will mess with tomorrow, so I called it quits as the little ones were stirring.

Here it is at the end of today:

image

Time today: 1 hr, 30 min

Total Time: 6 hr, 45 min

Advertisements

About Steven M. Vaught

A native son of Delaware, now living in Illinois, Steven is a writer, family historian, amateur astronomer, sometimes-gardener, woodworker, father to three wonderful children, husband to a wonderful wife, and caretaker of one cheeky vizsla.
This entry was posted in Projects and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s