Monthly Archives: July 2013

[Castle Bookcase] Prepping for Paint

I wrapped up the final bits necessary before painting in the past few days.  Here’s the rundown on what I’ve been up to…  First, I sanded everything.  This took a whole day’s session…there’s a lot of surface area on this … Continue reading

Posted in Projects | Tagged , , , , , , | Leave a comment

[Castle Bookcase] Prepping for Paint

I wrapped up the final bits neccessary before painting in the past few days.  Here’s the rundown on what I’ve been up to…  First, I sanded everything.  This took a whole day’s session…there’s a lot of surface area on this … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

[Castle Bookcase] Drawbridge and Blog Anniversary.

Well, time sure does fly.  I was 1 year ago today that I started this blog with dreams of building my own workbench in my head.  Here’s the first post, just for laughs. Today, after I spent 30 minutes adding … Continue reading

Posted in Projects | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

[Castle Bookcase] Crenelations and Glue Up.

A lot of progress today.  I decided to skip using the round turret tops because it was proving to be too difficult to get the hardboard and then thin plywood to make the curve.  Everything either snapped or would simply … Continue reading

Posted in Projects, Uncategorized | Tagged , , , , , , | Leave a comment

[Drill Press Table] The Basics.

For my castle bookcase project, I needed to make a series of 1″ holes in a long strip of 1/4″ plywood.  I figured the easiest way was to use the drill press.  To do so efficiently, though, required a fence … Continue reading

Posted in Projects | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

[Birthday Frame]

Ah, another secret project…   I decided to frame a map of Oxford, England (its printed on cloth, like a handkerchief) my wife picked up when she was going to college there.  It has survived the journey back across the Pond … Continue reading

Posted in Projects, Woodworking Skills | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

[Castle Bookcase] Gluing the Turrets

Today I finished the lower part of the turrets.  The bottom pieces were glued up this morning. Then when they were dry (enough) I attached them to the turrets: Then I did a test fit a few hours later and … Continue reading

Posted in Projects | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment